Chris Johnson lives with his wife and best friend Valarie in the house they built together in Somerville 30 years ago. Their two daughters Amanda and Danielle were raised and educated in Maine. In 2010 he became a grandfather twice. From extended family to community involvement, he has always believed in pitching in and helping get things done.
He is a graduate of Bangor High School and the University of Maine at Orono.
Chris’s pastimes include reading, fine woodworking, camping, electronics, creating the occasional recipe, and playing with grandson Calum and granddaughters Adelaide, Marin, and Cecilia.
- State Senator from Lincoln County since February 2012
- Director of IT for DeskNet – a small technology company based in Portland, Maine and Jersey City, New Jersey, for 12 years
- Technology innovator and leader at Central Maine Power for 14 years
- Elected to the Sheepscot Valley RSU#12 Board, 2009, 2012, 2015
- Member of the Lincoln County Recovery Collaborative Steering Committee
- Member of the Maine Yankee Community Advisory Panel
- Member of the Lincoln County Regional Planning Commission
- Moderator of Somerville town meetings since 2000
- Former School Committee chair and member, Somerville
- Organized Somerville Broadband Committee – led a successful ConnectME grant application in partnership with Midcoast Internet Solutions
Chris’s resume is only part of his story. To learn more about what Chris has accomplished as State Senator you are invited to visit the rest of this web site.